Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 11/24/14 - Walker-Mallott transition teams hear about looming fiscal crisis
- 11/19/14 - Violence witnessed by Alaska Native children causes PTSD at war veteran rates
- 11/17/14 - Gov. Sean Parnell concedes race to Bill Walker
- 11/20/14 - Begich sets Arctic port land trade as a priority
- 11/20/14 - BP completes sale of North Slope oil fields, affecting jobs of 475 people
Born and raised on Oahu, Hawai'i, the culture of "sharing aloha" was a way oflife...that's just how we lived. I've been in Anchorage since 1978. In 1998, RickManrique (the Father of "Island Style") asked if I'd like to join the crew. ...
Indé and Tohono O'Odam (Apache and Pima) Classically trained as a flautist and later a self-taught guitarist, Dave's musical influences include Janet Jackson, Shostakovich, The Beatles and Walter Hawkins. He supports human rights. He is...
A local business owner, Dave Powers enjoys traveling to music festivals and has been hosting the show Dead or Alive since 2012.
Better known as 'Uncle David', he's a long time KNBA volunteer as part of the Island Style crew.