Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 9/8/14 KNBA News - Archeologists confirm Yup'ik lore about a massacre
- 9/11/14 KNBA News - Officers say searches, civil rights must balance in fight against illegal drugs
- Local Music Showcase September 19th & 20th
- 9/16/14 - Alaska Native speakers' attorneys spell out election translation needs
- 9/17/14 - Republican U.S. Senate candidate Dan Sullivan changes position on minimum wage increase
Co-host of Arctic Cactus Hour: Alternative Country, Americana, Insurgent Country, Cow Punk, Progressive Country… whatever.
A native of southeast Iowa and a world traveler, Jeremiah Millen moved to Alaska in 2000 and started volunteering on KNBA as a host of the Borealis Bluegrass Breakdown (also known as the BBB) in late 2002. He's continued with the station ever...
Stratto discovered public radio at KTOO when me moved to Juneau from Oregon in 1981. He cut his teeth as a volunteer DJ hosting Friday afternoon classical music and the New Vinyl Review. When KNBA went on the air, he had moved to Anchorage...
John grew up along the muddy banks of the Naknek River. He had a rambunctious upbringing learning the ways of the land in a harsh and isolated territory. As a young man seeking adventure, he traveled up the Kvichak River to Iliamna Lake. The...