Most Active Stories
- Alaska Native Art Auction 2015
- 2/24/15 - Tlingit and Haida Indian tribes approve same-sex marriages in tribal courts
- Alaska Native Art Auction 2015: The Art
- AK Rebel selected for the 2015 KNBA Alaska Native Artist/Band Spotlight
- 2/27/15 - Ancient Yup'ik way of healing being revived to prevent suicide, other social ills
Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Frank Chythlook hosts KNBA's mid-day Native Music programming from 10am to 11am. He's also the Operations and Production Coordinator for the station. Frank has been involved in broadcasting for years, and was first involved with KNBA as an Alaska Native Youth Media Institute participant in 1994. Frank returned to KNBA a second time in 2001 after snagging a Broadcast degree from the University of Alaska in Fairbanks, where Frank worked for a commercial TV new station and volunteer-hosted at KSUA 91.5 FM - College and volunteered at the KUAC 89.9FM membership drives. Frank has since served as an instructor in media production at the Alaska Native Heritage Center, worked as an academic advisor at UAF, and as an FM announcer at KUAC.
Frank hails from the Bristol Bay community of Aleknagik and boasts that he once caught a 28lb king salmon on a rod and reel back when those fish were plentiful.