Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 9/8/14 KNBA News - Archeologists confirm Yup'ik lore about a massacre
- 9/11/14 KNBA News - Officers say searches, civil rights must balance in fight against illegal drugs
- Local Music Showcase September 19th & 20th
- 9/16/14 - Alaska Native speakers' attorneys spell out election translation needs
- 9/10/14 KNBA News - Students estimate Permanent Fund dividends to be close to $2,000
A native of southeast Iowa and a world traveler, Jeremiah Millen moved to Alaska in 2000 and started volunteering on KNBA as a host of the Borealis Bluegrass Breakdown (also known as the BBB) in late 2002. He's continued with the station ever since, and has hosted the BBB ever since. Jeremiah lives with his wife and three dogs in the Mat-Su Valley near the base of Hatcher Pass. In addition to this love of spinning and playing bluegrass and folk music, Jeremiah is a huge music collector and trivia buff, with thousands and thousands pop, rock, jazz, blues and soul selections in his library. When Jeremiah was asked how in the world he has time for a radio program in addition to all his other interests and obligations, he just shrugged and said, "I love bluegrass and I love radio, sharing this with the word is perhaps the greatest gift!"
The Borealis Bluegrass Breakdown (BBB) is South Central Alaska's one and only Bluegrass Radio Hoedown. We feature Bluegrass music that is "guarenteed to make ya jump up and holler or break down and cry!" The show airs live on KNBA 90.3 FM on Wedensday nights from 8-10 PM Alaska Time and can be streamed directly from the website. Tune to listen to Traditional, Contemporary, Newgrass, Old Timey and beyond. We also feature live performances and interiviews from Alaskan bands and some of the top Bluegrass artists visiting Alaska. Please join us for the BBB!