Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 12/12/14 - Melting permafrost threatens infrastructure, homes
- 12/16/14 - Gov. Bill Walker cuts Susitna dam, Knik arm bridge, road to Ambler from capital budget
- Want to listen on the go?
- Alyeska Luxury Ski Weekend Sweepstakes!
- 12/19/14 - Interior Dept. issues regulations allowing Alaska tribes to put lands in protected status
Stratto discovered public radio at KTOO when me moved to Juneau from Oregon in 1981. He cut his teeth as a volunteer DJ hosting Friday afternoon classical music and the New Vinyl Review. When KNBA went on the air, he had moved to Anchorage and was one of the early volunteers where he merged his passion for country-rock and twang into the Arctic Cactus Hour, which first aired in February 1998. Stratto’s day job is a park advocate with the National Parks Conservation Association. He also loves to travel, which gives his co-host Eric Smith plenty of opportunities to also be on the air.