Most Active Stories
- 3/20/15 - Senators question need for water and sewer construction dollars
- 3/23/15 - Sen. Donny Olson proposes promotion of Native languages through teacher certification
- 3/11/15 - A closer look at the Native adoption case Tununak II vs. the state of Alaska
- 3/17/15 - State requests time to review issues in Native adoption case
- Our Community - Alaska Food Policy Council!
Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Joaqlin is Tlingit and English-Irish. She’s of the Raven moiety, Ḵaach.ádi clan, from Wrangell in southeast Alaska.
At KNBA, Joaqlin is responsible for producing daily newscasts, a monthly call-in show, and special projects such as short series, interviews, and one-hour shows on tribal sovereignty, climate change and Alaska Natives, and the Alaska Federation of Natives convention.
Her radio news reporting experience includes work at KTOO, in Juneau; at KNOW-Minnesota Public Radio, in St. Paul, Minnesota; and an internship at the Alaska Public Radio Network. She’s also hosted a televised Legislative news show for KTOO, and worked on other TV and film projects.
Other work experience includes serving as public communications director for the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium; as a coordinator for the Alaska Coastal Management Program; and as a historian for the National Park Service.