Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Local Music Showcase September 19th & 20th
- 9/16/14 - Alaska Native speakers' attorneys spell out election translation needs
- 9/8/14 KNBA News - Archeologists confirm Yup'ik lore about a massacre
- 9/17/14 - Republican U.S. Senate candidate Dan Sullivan changes position on minimum wage increase
- KNBA Fall Membership Drive
Joaqlin is Tlingit and English-Irish. She’s of the Raven moiety, Ḵaach.ádi clan, from Wrangell in southeast Alaska.
At KNBA, Joaqlin is responsible for producing daily newscasts, a monthly call-in show, and special projects such as short series, interviews, and one-hour shows on tribal sovereignty, climate change and Alaska Natives, and the Alaska Federation of Natives convention.
Her radio news reporting experience includes work at KTOO, in Juneau; at KNOW-Minnesota Public Radio, in St. Paul, Minnesota; and an internship at the Alaska Public Radio Network. She’s also hosted a televised Legislative news show for KTOO, and worked on other TV and film projects.
Other work experience includes serving as public communications director for the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium; as a coordinator for the Alaska Coastal Management Program; and as a historian for the National Park Service.