Most Active Stories
- 4/27/15 - Pt. One of Kick the Bucket: Health implications of Third World conditions in Alaska
- Kick the bucket: Rural Sanitation in Alaska
- Buffy Sainte-Marie, 'It's My Way'
- 4/29/15 Pt. 3 Kick the Bucket: Rural Alaskans struggle to keep water and sewer systems running
- April 22 update: Kick the Bucket: Rural Sanitation in Alaska
Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Joaqlin is Tlingit and English-Irish. She’s of the Raven moiety, Ḵaach.ádi clan, from Wrangell in southeast Alaska.
At KNBA, Joaqlin is responsible for producing daily newscasts, a monthly call-in show, and special projects such as short series, interviews, and one-hour shows on tribal sovereignty, climate change and Alaska Natives, and the Alaska Federation of Natives convention.
Her radio news reporting experience includes work at KTOO, in Juneau; at KNOW-Minnesota Public Radio, in St. Paul, Minnesota; and an internship at the Alaska Public Radio Network. She’s also hosted a televised Legislative news show for KTOO, and worked on other TV and film projects.
Other work experience includes serving as public communications director for the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium; as a coordinator for the Alaska Coastal Management Program; and as a historian for the National Park Service.