Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- KNBA Presents the Alaska Native Artist Spotlight series on the Radio
- 8/27/14 KNBA News - A man appeals to federal court to overturn being exiled by the Tanana tribe
- Our Community - Acoustic Alaska Guitar Camp!
- In Haiti, An 'American Idol'-Style Contest About Child Slavery
- 8/26/14 KNBA News - Yup'ik religious rights vs. fish escapement case lands in appeals court
Shyanne Beatty is Han Gwich’in Athabascan and grew up in a subsistence lifestyle in Eagle, Alaska. She is the Network Manager for Native Voice One and the host of the national radio program Earthsongs. Shyanne began her career in 1999 as a Production Assistant fellow for Koahnic Broadcast Corporation. Her work for Koahnic Broadcast Corporation has included directing the Native Media Empowerment Project, where she designed and constructed media training sessions for Alaska Native participants in rural locations including Barrow, Bethel, Kotzebue, St. Paul Island, Unalaska and Sitka. Listeners in Alaska and the rest of the country knew her also as a local personality on Koahnic Broadcast Corporation's Anchorage radio station KNBA FM-90.3. Beatty also co-produced the award-winning oral history/Native language programs “Native Word of the Day” and “Stories of Our People” and the award-winning 2008 radio documentary "Coming Home: The Return of the Alutiiq Masks."