Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 9/26/14 Magnitude 6.1 quake rattles southcentral, but no major damage or injuries
- KNBA Fall Membership Drive
- 9/23/14 Alaska's U.S. Senate candidates seek an edge among rural Alaska voters
- 9/25/14 - Profile: Forrest Dunbar, age 30, faces Alaska Rep. Don Young, age 81
- 9/29/14 Renaissance of Native traditions continues with Kingikmiut, people of Wales, dance group
Mon March 10, 2014
3/10/14 KNBA NEWS - A bill to increase the state's general permit authority is moving forward
The state is removing a few of the most controversial parts of a bill that expands the state's authority to issue general permits, and limits those who would reserve water for certain uses, such as fisheries.
The state is suing former and current owners of a refinery near Fairbanks over a sulfolane spill that flowed into groundwater.
Gov. Sean Parnell has created a Medicaid Reform Advisory Group to develop a report to the Legislature by Nov. 15.
About 80 miles from the finish line in Nome, Jeff King leads the Iditarod Trail Sled-dog Race, followed by Aily Zirkle, Dallas Seavey, Mitch Seavey, and Martin Buser.