Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 12/12/14 - Melting permafrost threatens infrastructure, homes
- 12/16/14 - Gov. Bill Walker cuts Susitna dam, Knik arm bridge, road to Ambler from capital budget
- Alyeska Luxury Ski Weekend Sweepstakes!
- Want to listen on the go?
- 12/19/14 - Interior Dept. issues regulations allowing Alaska tribes to put lands in protected status
Tue March 11, 2014
3/11/14 KNBA News - Dallas Seavey sets new record for speed in the Iditarod Trail Sled-dog Race
Dallas Seavey takes first place in the Iditarod Trail Sled-dog race, followed two minutes later by Ailie Zirkle. Mitch Seavey takes third. Jeff King, who'd been in the lead, scratched in the last stretch of the race in a snowstorm with winds gusting to 65 mph.
Senate minority leaders are calling on Gov. Sean Parnell to withdraw his appointment of a non-resident with ties to the oil industry to a board that assesses oil industry property for tax purposes.
A bill to allow Village Public Safety Officers to carry firearms continues to move forward.
Tribal leaders object to a bill that excludes tribes from applying for water reservations.
An avalanche warning is in effect due to unstable conditions underlying 20 inches of new snow.