Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 9/8/14 KNBA News - Archeologists confirm Yup'ik lore about a massacre
- 9/11/14 KNBA News - Officers say searches, civil rights must balance in fight against illegal drugs
- Local Music Showcase September 19th & 20th
- 9/16/14 - Alaska Native speakers' attorneys spell out election translation needs
- 9/17/14 - Republican U.S. Senate candidate Dan Sullivan changes position on minimum wage increase
Sun March 23, 2014
3/24/14 KNBA NEWS - Governor's permitting bill in trouble in Legislature
Legislators have been inundated with phone calls, e-mails, letters and petitions over the Governor's bill aimed at streamlined permitting, but that critics say gives the state too much authority and leaves the public out of the process.
The Board of Fish has okayed dip-net fishing on the Kuskokwim River to allow fishermen to release King salmon live back into the river and help boost their population.
March 31 is the deadline for enrollment in health insurance under the Affordable Care Act, and for Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend applications.