Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 11/19/14 - Violence witnessed by Alaska Native children causes PTSD at war veteran rates
- 11/24/14 - Walker-Mallott transition teams hear about looming fiscal crisis
- 11/20/14 - Begich sets Arctic port land trade as a priority
- 11/17/14 - Gov. Sean Parnell concedes race to Bill Walker
- 11/20/14 - BP completes sale of North Slope oil fields, affecting jobs of 475 people
Wed April 2, 2014
4/3/14 KNBA News - Senate committee hears a bill to strengthen Alaska tribal courts, law enforcement
The Senate Indian Affairs Committee heard no opposition to a bill that would strengthen Alaska tribal courts and law enforcement, but the state of Alaska, Sen. Lisa Murkowski are likely to oppose it.
Alaska Native corporations received contaminated sites as part of their land settlement, bringing them expense and complications as they try to clean up, exchange, or return the sites.