Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 9/8/14 KNBA News - Archeologists confirm Yup'ik lore about a massacre
- 9/11/14 KNBA News - Officers say searches, civil rights must balance in fight against illegal drugs
- Local Music Showcase September 19th & 20th
- 9/16/14 - Alaska Native speakers' attorneys spell out election translation needs
- 9/17/14 - Republican U.S. Senate candidate Dan Sullivan changes position on minimum wage increase
Wed April 2, 2014
4/3/14 KNBA News - Senate committee hears a bill to strengthen Alaska tribal courts, law enforcement
The Senate Indian Affairs Committee heard no opposition to a bill that would strengthen Alaska tribal courts and law enforcement, but the state of Alaska, Sen. Lisa Murkowski are likely to oppose it.
Alaska Native corporations received contaminated sites as part of their land settlement, bringing them expense and complications as they try to clean up, exchange, or return the sites.