Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- Climate Change & Alaska Natives 2014
- 12/12/14 - Melting permafrost threatens infrastructure, homes
- 12/16/14 - Gov. Bill Walker cuts Susitna dam, Knik arm bridge, road to Ambler from capital budget
- 12/8/14 - Alaska Natives and Climate Change: Lack of sea ice exposes Kivalina to fierce storms
- 12/9/14 - Climate change effects on fish and game, subsistence raise concerns about food security
Wed April 2, 2014
4/3/14 KNBA News - Senate committee hears a bill to strengthen Alaska tribal courts, law enforcement
The Senate Indian Affairs Committee heard no opposition to a bill that would strengthen Alaska tribal courts and law enforcement, but the state of Alaska, Sen. Lisa Murkowski are likely to oppose it.
Alaska Native corporations received contaminated sites as part of their land settlement, bringing them expense and complications as they try to clean up, exchange, or return the sites.