Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 9/26/14 Magnitude 6.1 quake rattles southcentral, but no major damage or injuries
- KNBA Fall Membership Drive
- 9/23/14 Alaska's U.S. Senate candidates seek an edge among rural Alaska voters
- 9/25/14 - Profile: Forrest Dunbar, age 30, faces Alaska Rep. Don Young, age 81
- 9/29/14 Renaissance of Native traditions continues with Kingikmiut, people of Wales, dance group
Tue May 13, 2014
5/14/14 State gets taken to court over indecipherable translations of 2010 ballots into Yup'ik
A trial is scheduled for next month in a case alleging failure by the state to provide accurate translations of voting materials into Alaska Native languages.
A short subsistence opening is scheduled for the Kuskokwim River, where returns of spawning king salmon was the lowest on record last year.
Likewise on the Yukon River, returns are expected to be even lower than last year, which were the lowest on record. Commercial, sport, and subsistence fisheries on the entire Yukon River drainage area will be closed.
A wide swath of Alaska is under Red Flag Warnings for wildfires due to warm, dry weather, in some places, high winds.