Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- KNBA Presents the Alaska Native Artist Spotlight series on the Radio
- 8/27/14 KNBA News - A man appeals to federal court to overturn being exiled by the Tanana tribe
- Our Community - Acoustic Alaska Guitar Camp!
- In Haiti, An 'American Idol'-Style Contest About Child Slavery
- 8/26/14 KNBA News - Yup'ik religious rights vs. fish escapement case lands in appeals court
Mon May 5, 2014
5/2/14 - A half-hour special: Psychologist shares secrets to happiness
In a half-hour interview, KNBA News Director Joaqlin Estus talks with psychologist Dr. Robert Biswas-Diener, who has been researching happiness in Kenya and Israel, and among the Amish in this country, and homeless people in Oakland, California. While different cultures aspire to different forms of happiness -- peace and harmony, say, compared to joy and enthusiasm -- the happiest people have strong personal relationships. And his research among the Inuit of Greenland shows cultural traditions are important to their happiness, leading him to suggest Alaska Native youth learn as much as they can about their heritage.