Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 9/8/14 KNBA News - Archeologists confirm Yup'ik lore about a massacre
- 9/11/14 KNBA News - Officers say searches, civil rights must balance in fight against illegal drugs
- Local Music Showcase September 19th & 20th
- 9/10/14 KNBA News - Students estimate Permanent Fund dividends to be close to $2,000
- 9/16/14 - Alaska Native speakers' attorneys spell out election translation needs
Thu May 29, 2014
5/30/14 KNBA News - Light rain slows the spread of the 300 square-mile Funny River wildfire
The Funny River wildfire is now 46% contained, meaning fire breaks that flames likely cannot cross surround nearly half the fire.
Alaska Congressman Don Young amended the Maguson-Stevens Act as it moved through the U.S. Natural Resources Committee,to allow subsistence fishermen a voice on the North Pacific Fisheries Management Council.
The board of directors of the regional Native corporation Sealaska named Anthony Mallott as president and CEO. He's the son of former CEO and long-time board member Byron Mallott, who's running for Governor.
Veteran freelance journalist Bob Tkacz has died, apparently of natural causes. Tkacz covered the Legislature, specializing in the commercial fishing and seafood industries. He was 61.