Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 11/19/14 - Violence witnessed by Alaska Native children causes PTSD at war veteran rates
- 11/24/14 - Walker-Mallott transition teams hear about looming fiscal crisis
- 11/17/14 - Gov. Sean Parnell concedes race to Bill Walker
- 11/20/14 - Begich sets Arctic port land trade as a priority
- 11/20/14 - BP completes sale of North Slope oil fields, affecting jobs of 475 people
Tue July 8, 2014
7/8/14 KNBA News - Bear mauls jogger south of Anchorage; Suspect stabs Anchorage Police dog
After coming up on two cubs, a jogger was attacked from behind by the mother bear on the Penguin Ridge Trail south of Anchorage. Susanne Knudsen of Indian was medevacked to an Anchorage hospital with serious
injuries that are not considered life threatening. The Alaska Department of Fish and Game has closed the trail.
An Anchorage police dog is recovering from stab wounds from a violent suspect. Police say after the eight-year-old Belgian Malinois grabbed hold of the suspect's forearm, the man dropped the machete he'd been wielding, then repeatedly stabbed the dog with a pocketknife. K-9 handler Officer Nate Keeays says after M.P.'s physical wounds heal, the dog will be evaluated to make sure he isn't fearful or traumatized by the incident.