Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- KNBA Presents the Alaska Native Artist Spotlight series on the Radio
- 8/19/14 KNBA News - Polls open today (Tuesday) for primaries
- 5/15/14 KNBA News - Adm. Papp hears concerns, hopes for Alaska Arctic
- 8/27/14 KNBA News - A man appeals to federal court to overturn being exiled by the Tanana tribe
- Live In-Studio - Dylan Lee Johnston & Megan Palmer
Mon November 4, 2013
AFN Audio Here!
The 2013 Alaska's Native Voice featured seven guests. Each show included voices (pre-recorded segments) from attendees at the 2013's First Alaskans Institutes Elders and Youth Conference and the 2013 Alaska Federation of Natives Annual Convention. The programs included the 5-minute daily AFN newscasts. ANV was produced by Sarah Gustavus (board op) and Antonio Gonzales (Host).
Thursday, October 24, 2013-Modern Ancestors - Discussing the 2013 First Alaskans Elder and Youth Conference
-Sven Haakanson (First Alaskans Institute Board Member)
-Valerie Davidson (First Alaskans Institute Board Member)
Friday, October 25th, 2013 - Traditional Wellness - Discussing health and wellness of Alaskan's First People
-Dr. Ted Mala (Southcentral Foundation)
-Margaret David (Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium)
Saturday, October 26th, 2013 - Interior Issues The AFN Convention was held in the Interior. Discussion examined issues facing Interior communities.
-Jerry Isaac (President, Tanana Chiefs Conference)
-Steve Ginnis (Executive Director, Fairbanks Native Association)
- Victor Joseph (Health Services Director, Tanana Chiefs Conference)
Native Languge Newscasts
Newscasts summaries are also produced and made available to stations. Translated by Sophie Evan in Yupik, Doreen Simmonds in Inupiaq, Allan Hayton in Athabascan, and Paul Marks in Tlingit.