October 30, 2015
Koahnic Broadcast Corp. announces an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, enterprising individual to join our team. Help us turn listeners into members to strengthen the sustainability of our public radio station and national Native program productions.
The Membership Coordinator will lead an individual and corporate membership giving program for KNBA and our national division. This includes on-air and off-air activities for basic membership development to a larger giving program. The coordinator will adapt best practices in public media to KNBA and across our giving programs.
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Cultivate donors capable of making larger donations and develop a planned giving program
· Work on building new members and retaining existing ones
· Maintain sustainer membership program
· Run and analyze member reports and provide data to underwriting and grants departments regarding listener/member demographics
· Plan and implements all on air membership drives and off air membership renewal activities
- Serve as volunteer coordinator for membership drives (and art auction) and recruit and schedule volunteers for phone bank or other events
· Write and manage the distribution of KNBA's quarterly newsletters
· Develop promotions for KNBA and special events. Collect items for annual AK Native Art auction and participate in planning of fundraising events;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
· Applicant must be detail-oriented and able to work with frequent interruptions while prioritizing to meet deadlines
- Project management, problem-solving, customer relations and critical thinking skills
· Ability to influence and build working-relationships with individuals from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds
· Knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles helpful
- Skilled in computer applications, including MS Word and Excel. Knowledge of database software helpful and email marketing tools. Ability to learn and utilize programs such as station membership database
· Some evening and/ or weekend work may be required
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of public radio membership or comparable nonprofit experience
- Non-profit event planning experience helpful
- Demonstrated creative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Successful experience in recruiting and working with volunteers
Excellent Benefits including 401K. Salary $40,000 - $50,000 DOE
TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter to HR@knba.org or if by mail to:
Membership Coordinator Job Opening, KNBA 3600 San Jeronimo Drive, Suite 480, Anchorage, AK 99508. Open until filled.
Koahnic Broadcast Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer