Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- KNBA Presents the Alaska Native Artist Spotlight series on the Radio
- 8/27/14 KNBA News - A man appeals to federal court to overturn being exiled by the Tanana tribe
- Our Community - Acoustic Alaska Guitar Camp!
- 8/26/14 KNBA News - Yup'ik religious rights vs. fish escapement case lands in appeals court
- Live In-Studio - Dylan Lee Johnston & Megan Palmer
Wed November 6, 2013
Neil Young On World Cafe
World Cafe revisits a 2005 studio session with Neil Young as Sense of Place: Toronto continues. At the time of this recording, Young — who was born in the city — had just released Prairie Wind. In a conversation with host David Dye, the musician reflects on two significant events that affected the album: his recovery from a brain aneurysm and the death of his father.
The session was recorded live in Nashville at the Ryman Auditorium during the making of Neil Young: Heart of Gold, the first of three documentary films that focus on the artist.