Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- KNBA Presents the Alaska Native Artist Spotlight series on the Radio
- 8/27/14 KNBA News - A man appeals to federal court to overturn being exiled by the Tanana tribe
- Our Community - Acoustic Alaska Guitar Camp!
- In Haiti, An 'American Idol'-Style Contest About Child Slavery
- 8/26/14 KNBA News - Yup'ik religious rights vs. fish escapement case lands in appeals court
Live in Concert
Mon June 9, 2014
tUnE-yArDs In Concert
Originally published on Mon July 21, 2014 6:26 am
A live performance by tUnE-yArDs is as thrilling and unshakeable as the music itself. For this set, recorded live at the 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C., Merrill Garbus, the mad genius behind tUnE-yArDs brought along two frenetic dancers and backup singers, an extra percussionist, a bassist, and two enormous pairs of glittery blue eyes that stared the audience down from the back of the stage.
Wearing an aqua dress with a pattern made to look like fish scales, Garbus stood at center stage, deftly directing her crew through the patchwork, polyrhythmic sounds that make up her head-spinning music.
tUnE-yArDs is currently on tour for its latest, and most fully realized album, Nikki Nack. This performance was the first of two sold-out nights, recorded live in Washington, D.C. on Jun. 13, 2014.
- Hey Life
- Real Thing
- Time Of Dark
- Wait For A Minute
- Stop That Man
- Water Fountain
Producers: Mito Habe-Evans, Robin Hilton; Host: Bob Boilen; Audio Engineer: Kevin Wait; Videographers: Colin Marshall, Olivia Merrion, Maggie Starbard; Production Assistant: Nick Michael; Post-Production Assistant: Colin Marshall; Lighting Designer: Marc Janowitz; Special Thanks: 9:30 Club; Executive Producer: Anya Grundmann