Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 12/12/14 - Melting permafrost threatens infrastructure, homes
- 12/16/14 - Gov. Bill Walker cuts Susitna dam, Knik arm bridge, road to Ambler from capital budget
- Alyeska Luxury Ski Weekend Sweepstakes!
- Climate Change & Alaska Natives 2014
- 12/10/14 - Health effects of climate change include higher rates of unintentional injury, asthma
Mon July 28, 2014
Our Community - Salmonstock!
In today's Our Community segment, Danny Preston speaks with Melissa Heuer, deputy director of the Renewable Resources Foundation. Each year, the non-profit organization brings awareness statewide by having a festival, also known as Salmonstock. The event is about sustainability and protecting the amazing fish resources we have in Bristol Bay. This year, there will be a aerial photograph once again. The event keeps growing year after year, filled with fish and music. For more information, visit: https://www.facebook.com/Salmonstock