Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information.
June 12, 2018
KNBA 90.3 FM seeks an outgoing, creative person to enhance our mission as a leader in providing Alaska Native programming to the Anchorage market. The position includes creating pre-produced and live content for the Morning Show, managing station production facilities, projects and operations. The position is based in Anchorage where KNBA has a strong following offering a program schedule combining a Triple-A music format along with Alaska Native public affairs, and syndicated programming from NV1 (Native Voice One), and NPR. KNBA serves the Anchorage and Matanuska-Susitna Valley communities making a combined market of over 300,000 people.
Position summary: Works with Morning Host to book guests and produce interviews for public affairs segments during weekday morning show. Posts daily web content and features. Oversees station productions and assists operations. Reports to Director of Programming.
- Co-Hosts weekday local public affairs segment. Writes and posts segments for station website.
- Manages operations of local productions including recording station traffic and programming elements, leading creative productions and remote broadcasts.
- Assists managing content and performance of station automation system.
- Assists with volunteer programmers in training and weekly productions.
Knowledge and practical experience in social media content management required
- Broadcasting experience with produced and live hosted public affairs programming.
- Experience with Digital Audio production tools and broadcast automation systems.
- Knowledge of the mission of KNBA, public radio, and familiarity with Alaska Native issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to use social media tools to engage a wide range of users.
- Clear speaking voice with the ability to tell compelling and engaging stories.
- Degree in communication or related field helpful.
- Knowledge and practice in social media content management required
Expected hours 6:00am - 2:30pm (with some flexibility)
Application Deadline: July 12, 2018
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume listing 3 professional references to: HR@knba.org or if by mail to: HR- Job Openings, Koahnic Broadcast Corp., 3600 San Jeronimo Drive, Suite 480, Anchorage, AK 99508.
Koahnic Broadcast Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of Koahnic is to be the leader in bringing Native voices to Alaska and the nation.