Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information.
Webstream & Radio Sales Representative
October 11, 2017
Koahnic Broadcast Corp. seeks a motivated, goal oriented, and persuasive individual to sell underwriting and advertising on Koahinc’s newest webstream, RIVR.net, and on KNBA-FM.
You will develop new contacts with a range of organizations including businesses, corporate partners, nonprofits and government agencies looking to reach the stream’s target audience of 18-35 year olds.
This position includes all aspects and tasks required to secure underwriting: presentation development, writing copy, and handling collections. You will create strong long-term working relationships with clients based on good follow-through and service.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Develop projections, and strategies for securing underwriting
· Work with the President & CEO and COO to create fundraising goals for the stream and ensure that those goals are met
· Create supporting documents for presentation to potential underwriters
· Create contracts and maintain accurate records
· Write and schedule underwriting announcements and monitor agreements to ensure compliance with all KBC and FCC policy and regulations
· Follow up on collection of payments from agencies or clients
· Prepare monthly progress reports
· Participate in meetings with KBC staff to coordinate underwriting campaigns
· Proven track record of successfully achieving sales revenue goals
· Strong communication skills required, including diplomacy, negotiating, writing correspondence and oral presentations to individuals or groups.
· Must have experience in dealing with businesses, corporations and agencies on a professional level
· Appreciation for programming targeting listeners 18-35 years old, with an emphasis on Alaska Native youth
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must possess entrepreneurial vision, with an energetic focus on closing the deal
· Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
· Ability to create presentations and write on-air copy
· Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
· Strong analytical and computer skills.
· Must be self-motivated, results oriented and goal focused.
· Ability to work autonomously.
Application Deadline November 6, 2017
Compensation: $48,000-$55,000 DOE, plus commission; Excellent benefits including 401(k)
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume listing 3 professional references to: HR@knba.org or if by mail to: HR- Job Openings, Koahnic Broadcast Corp., 3600 San Jeronimo Drive, Suite 480, Anchorage, AK 99508.
Koahnic Broadcast Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of Koahnic is to be the leader in bringing Native voices to Alaska and the nation.