Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 9/8/14 KNBA News - Archeologists confirm Yup'ik lore about a massacre
- 9/11/14 KNBA News - Officers say searches, civil rights must balance in fight against illegal drugs
- Local Music Showcase September 19th & 20th
- 9/16/14 - Alaska Native speakers' attorneys spell out election translation needs
- 9/17/14 - Republican U.S. Senate candidate Dan Sullivan changes position on minimum wage increase
Host of The Truck Stop: Stop into the Truck Stop as the Ol' Bullrider brings classic country songs and personality back to the radio.
Host of Talk of Alaska: The only weekly, statewide radio call-in program.
Host of Alaska Morning News: Each morning you hear the latest news happening in Alaska.
Three hours of your favorite classic country.
The Old Bull Rider, Steve Heimel, has a long association with rodeos, livestock shows, county fairs and bluegrass festivals. When he started in radio with the Farm and Home Broadcasting Company in northern Pennsylvania in 1961, WFRM had a weekly polka show and one of its studios was a small theater where local musicians did radio shows. His first live interview was with Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs. He moved to the Philadelphia radio market, and then to Houston. At the peak of the outlaw movement in country music he was at KPFT. A few years later he helped found a public radio station in the heart of old timey and bluegrass music country in West Virginia. From there he moved to Alaska.