Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 11/24/14 - Walker-Mallott transition teams hear about looming fiscal crisis
- 11/19/14 - Violence witnessed by Alaska Native children causes PTSD at war veteran rates
- 11/20/14 - Begich sets Arctic port land trade as a priority
- 11/20/14 - BP completes sale of North Slope oil fields, affecting jobs of 475 people
- Elders & Youth Conference - KNBA Media Summit
Sun April 6, 2014
4/7/14 KNBA News - Legislators consider a bill to set state participation in LNG project at 25%
The House Resources Committee is revising a bill to advance a major liquified natural gas project with 25% state participation.
Supporters of a minimum wage initiative are worried a bill introduced on Friday is a repeat of a 2002 Legislative tactic to get their initiative off the ballot then gut the bill.
A recent archeological study supports a southeast Alaska Tlingit tribe's contention that herring populations were once much more plentiful and widespread, which is the basis for the tribe's call for a more conservative state management regime.