Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 11/8/14 - Associated Press declares Dan Sullivan the winner in Alaska's U.S. Senate race
- 11/13/14 - Dan Sullivan, Bill Walker take steps toward offices as final votes are tallied
- Alaska Native Heritage Month Programming
- 11/17/14 - Gov. Sean Parnell concedes race to Bill Walker
- 11/19/14 - Violence witnessed by Alaska Native children causes PTSD at war veteran rates
Mon June 23, 2014
6/23/14 KNBA News - Gov. Parnell signs bill to fund Knik Arm Bridge with federal, state dollars
A new law drops a proposed public-private partnership for Knik crossing funding. The plan now is for to use public funds, two-thirds of which will be repaid with $5 one-way tolls collected from bridge users. Funding and construction is also being transferred from the Knik Arm Bridge and Toll Authority to the Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities.
The U.S. House Ethics Committee has reprimanded Alaska Congressman Don Young for spending campaign funds on personal travel, and for improperly accepting thousands of dollars worth of gifts, many of them from lobbyists.