Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 12/12/14 - Melting permafrost threatens infrastructure, homes
- 12/16/14 - Gov. Bill Walker cuts Susitna dam, Knik arm bridge, road to Ambler from capital budget
- Alyeska Luxury Ski Weekend Sweepstakes!
- Climate Change & Alaska Natives 2014
- 12/10/14 - Health effects of climate change include higher rates of unintentional injury, asthma
All Songs Considered
Fri August 1, 2014
Drum Fill Friday, From Guest Quizmaster Matt Sokol Of Spillway
Originally published on Fri August 1, 2014 6:57 am
The drum fills and intros for this week's puzzler have something in common. In addition to being selected by Spillway drummer Matt Sokol, they're all performed by open-handed drummers. This means they play the hi-hat cymbal with their left hand, while their right hand plays the snare. (Most drummers cross their right hand over their left to play the hi-hat). If you're up on your open-handed drummers (Matt Sokol is an open-handed drummer himself), this week's puzzler will be a breeze! If not, well ... you might find some of these to be pretty challenging. Good luck, fellow fillers!
Spillway's latest EP, out this week, is As Astronauts Or Atoms. As always, if you know a fill (or intro) or drummer you'd love to see featured in this game, let us know in the comments section, or via Twitter @allsongs, #drumfillfriday.