Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Most Active Stories
- 11/19/14 - Violence witnessed by Alaska Native children causes PTSD at war veteran rates
- 11/24/14 - Walker-Mallott transition teams hear about looming fiscal crisis
- 11/17/14 - Gov. Sean Parnell concedes race to Bill Walker
- 11/20/14 - Begich sets Arctic port land trade as a priority
- 11/20/14 - BP completes sale of North Slope oil fields, affecting jobs of 475 people
All Songs Considered
Fri April 11, 2014
NPR Music Nominated For Three Webby Awards
NPR Music has been nominated for many Webby Awards over the years (and even won a few), but we've rarely reached out and asked you to vote for us when we are. This year, the Webbys' eighteenth, we're particularly proud of our nominations.
The first is a video we conceived with OK Go to document the packing and moving of the Tiny Desk to NPR's new headquarters. The video was shot over a few days and the band had to play the song, a variation on "All Is Not Lost," hundreds of times. They were some of the easiest and most creative people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. To show your support and vote for us in the Online Film & Video: Music category, go here.
Gregory Porter's video was shot in an old subway car at the New York Transit Museum — a perfect fit for his vintage baritone and sartorial leanings. The generosity and warmth he emanates on camera is exactly how he comes off in person. Porter and pianist Chip Crawford were perfectly understanding when we told them repeatedly, "That was great! Can we do it again?" That video is nominated in the Online Film & Video: Best Editing category. You can vote for it here.
NPR Music was also nominated for a Webby for Best Music Website. If you love what we do, you can vote for it here.