Radio Staff, News & Public Affairs
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Climate Change & Alaska Natives 2014
- 12/16/14 - Gov. Bill Walker cuts Susitna dam, Knik arm bridge, road to Ambler from capital budget
- 12/8/14 - Alaska Natives and Climate Change: Lack of sea ice exposes Kivalina to fierce storms
- 12/9/14 - Climate change effects on fish and game, subsistence raise concerns about food security
- 12/12/14 - Melting permafrost threatens infrastructure, homes
National Native News
National Native News started production in 1987 to provide Native and non-Native public radio listeners with a regular, timely and balanced source of news about Native issues. National Native News covers the social, economic and cultural issues that affect every community, and helps radio listeners understand the interconnectedness between Native people and their non-Native neighbors.
National Native News appeals to radio listeners who are engaged in the world around them and who seek out a broader range of viewpoints.
Not just for Natives, National Native News is the only daily news and information program produced from a Native perspective that can be heard on public radio stations nationwide and in Canada. The National Native News service has filled a crucial gap in the news industry, for more than 20 years, by providing coverage of national and regional news stories from a different perspective than other news sources.
National Native News is very user friendly. Each daily, five-minute program can be easily inserted into national news magazines or local news productions or be used as stand-alone programs.
National Native News is distributed by Native Voice One (NV1) and can be heard on radio stations across the country.